Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Story

"Ready to go?" my big sister asked as she put a leash on our dog.
"Of course!" I said cheerfully, looking down at my dachshund sneakers.
We were going for a walk down Ugelli Alley, which was the shortest path to the zoo. I was very eager to see the Tasmanian dachshunds.
I admired my sister. She was dressed to the nines in Dachsacci-designed dressed, much like the dress she wore now.
She was kind enough to take me to the zoo, and she bought me a similar dress.
"How about ice cream afterwards?" I asked.
"You'll spoil your dinner," she said, much to my chagrin.
We strolled out of the house and followed our dachshund down the allay. The breeze struck us powerfully, but we were undaunted in our quest.
Our dachshund stopped suddenly.
"What is it, girl?" my sister asked.
The dog growled as a large man with a large gun walked briskly towards us.
"Get down, roaches!" he commanded.
I started to scream. My sister covered my mouth and guided me to the ground.
The two of us were on the ground, at the mercy of the wan. He grabbed our dachshund's leash from my sister's hand.
"What's going on?" I cried out to my sister.
"It'll be okay," she told me. "Stay quiet."
The man kicked my side and told me to stop crying.
"Stop it!" my sister hissed at him.
The man lifted me up by my arm and said to my sister, "You'll pay for your people's crime against mine."
I whimpered.
"Don't hurt her!" my sister screamed.
"What's going on?" I asked. "Please, mister, let me go!"
"You are young and strong," the man said to my sister. "You can work in the mines. As for your sister..."
Our dachshund started to bark. The man let her leash go. We watched as the dog ran away.
"You can be a slave," the man said to me. "And I'll-"
My sister screamed and ran at him, leading the man to shoot her twice in the chest.
I was too shocked to cry. I had no idea what was going on. This was a horrible, scarring experience.
"Come, girl," the man said to me. He started to drag me away from the scene.
To my surprise, our dachshund ran out at us and sunk her teeth into the man's calf.
The man swore. I took my chance to escape and ran.
"Sister," I whimpered as I saw my sister's limp form on the ground.
I gave her a hug.
She did not respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment