Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scary But True 4

A story that has an element of the supernatural
Audience: For younng children, mostly around 6 years old.

I walked along the dirt path near the cottage, my mom and my sister in tow.
"Slow down," my sister exclaimed. "Wait for us. We're not late for the weiner dog races."
I was too busy waving at them to notice the road before me, for I tripped on a rock and hit the gound. I could hear my sister laughing wickedly.
As I got up, I noticed a large grey husky dog, watching me from the bushes.
"Mom, Alison!" I called to my family. "Look at this dog!"
"What dog?" my mom asked as she and my sister helped me up.
"That dog!" I shouted, pointing to the dog.
"I don't see anything," my sister said. "Stop making things up."
"But I'm not," I pleaded desperately
I watched the dog as I was dragged away my my sister.

That night, we met my dad and other sister at the campfire, enjoying marshmallows over an open fire. Well, except Alison; she said that marshmallows reminded her too much of martians.
Two men and a husky came up tothe campsite. The men were grey and had wrinkled, sagging skin. They had glowing purplish eyes that looked like enormous flames.
"Can you gie us some directions, please?" one of the men asked us.
"Ah, sure," my dad said. "Where are you going?"
I couldn't believe this! Everyone acted as though the two men were normal-looking. No one made mention of the dog.
"Westshire," the men said together. They chuckled awkwardly.
"Oh, it's about two blocks West of here," my mom said. "Take the exit to the right."
"You can't miss it," my dad said.
The men thanked us and walked off. The husky made a quick glance at my direction before following them.

When I woke up that night, I was greeted by darkness. But this darkness was different from other darkness - it was as if it were a demonic, advanced darkness. It was almost otherworldly how pitch-grey it was.
Grey.
I looked up and noticed the knook near the foot of my bed. I was surprisedI could make it out through the darkness.
There was a thump. I hid under the covers and whimpered. When I looked through my sheets at the knook, I saw two shadowy figures.
"No!" I screamed. Or at least, I tried to - I only managed a scarce whimper.
I felt pressure against my body. I looked up to see a husky on top of me, staring at me with an expressionless face.

1 comment:

  1. It's really well written! And the idea is cute! :P It probably would be scary to a kid, but I personally think it was a cute idea! :P

    ReplyDelete