Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scary But True 3

A nightmare, real or fictional
Audience: 14+, any gender

My dream was quite bizarre, and had a whiplash of moods. It started so simply, with my getting McDonald's from a Simpsons character, Moe.
"Here you go," Moe said as he handed me my meal. "But the gay guy put sugar in everyone's sauce."
I turned to the man beside me, who smiled and grew wings.
I walked out of the restaurant and enjoyed the sunlight. I noticed two of my fellow students, Annie and Kelly.
"Hello, you two!" I said to them cheerfully. "You guys seem sad."
"We need to go to the hospital," Annie said glumly.
"I'll take you both!" I said. I pointed them to my mom's car, and we sat inside the car, waiting for this lady's hair to dry.
After waiting quite some time, I noticed the two girls turn silent. Their faces started to swell and their eyes turned dark.
"Are you two okay?" I asked.
They didn't respond. I felt cold as darkness started to invade my vision.

I awoke some time later inside a ransacked room. I could see the sun shining from outside the window. Two small dolls were placed on the floor: one with brown hair, the other with blond hair.
"Huh," I muttered to myself. "Annie and Kelly had brown and blond hair, respectively. But the dolls look nothing like them.
I picked up the doll with brown hair. It started to giggle cutely.
My mother stepped through the doorway and asked me to clean up. She went on to say, "...And take out the garbage."
She gave me a list of chores. It was hard to memorize everything with the doll giggling.
"It won't stop laughing," I said to my mother.
The doll continued to laugh. The laugh started to slow down, but remained at a high pitch.
In a panic, I searched it for an 'off' switch, or at least to look for the batteries. When I found the battery panel, I tried to take out the batteries, but to no avail. They were stuck.
"Stop laughing!" I screamed at the doll.
The doll continued to giggle. It started giggling at a faster pace. Its head turned towards me and I could see the emptiness in its plastic eyes.
Angrily, I threw the doll against a wall several times. The doll continues to laugh wickedly.
"Mom!" I screamed, hoping for her help in silencing the doll. "Help!"
The blond doll was now laughing, its hands around my mother's neck.
I gasped and turned to the brown-haired doll. It turned to look at me with a devilish stare before its head spun around like an owl.
"Stop!" I begged.
The doll escaped my grip and floated towards my face. I could hear the other doll, giggling behind me like a madman.
"Come play!" the brown-haired doll said with a nasty giggle
"Come play! Come play! Come play!" they both chanted. They grew larger and danced around me.

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING! It was actually funny at the start with Moe giving you McDonalds. But then with the dolls; I sorta got freaked out. :P

    ReplyDelete